Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cure for Flu: Wal-Mart Laps

After being down and out with the stomach flu for two and a half days, I was really ready for a breath of fresh air last night. Tony has made it his personal goal to show me extra gentleness while I’ve been sick, so he’s tried really hard to be compassionate through my misery. Last night, as I was starting to feel better, we both decided that fresh air and exercise were just what I needed to bounce back to health. It was FREEZING cold and very windy, so I quickly ruled out the idea of a walk outside. We bundled up, hopped in the car and headed to the Wal-Mart Super Center.

I always used to laugh at the little old ladies who would do their power walking in the mall during the winter, but now I completely understand. Tony and I did some serious power walking through the Wal-Mart aisles last night. We may have had a few strange stares, but the Washington Wal-Mart is usually pretty quiet once it’s dark, so there weren’t many onlookers. We made a plan as we walked in…two full laps before we stopped to pick up the stuff on our list. It felt so good to move! I think one of the worst things about the flu is laying/sitting around for extended periods of time. I’d recommend Wal-Mart laps to anyone with the flu…I’m finally feeling better today!

1 comment:

  1. My grandma would always do her walking to the mall, around the stores and back! Glad you're feeling better and that your hubby can be so gentle and caring. :) Take care honey!

    ReplyDelete