Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A True Gentleman

We welcomed spring last Sunday with our first amazing thunderstorm of the season. Of course it happened to come on a Sunday night during youth group. Bad weather usually chooses to make its appearance then. Such a bummer. Aw well...it was beautiful and the smell of rain/hail was so lovely.

Tony and I left the church that night in separate cars just as it started to hail again. Neither of our cars is particularly worthy of a spot in a nice garage, but since we have the space our "nicer" car always gets the perk of indoor parking. Tony happened to be driving the "nicer" car, so he pulled in the garage and I pulled up next to the curb outside the house. As I was opening my door, I saw Tony running towards me with the large umbrella that goes in the center of our patio table - quite the sight. Imagine: crazy strong wind, pea size hail, a super handsome man and a giant umbrella sprinting through the street on a dark night. That's true love, ain't it?

I was touched by his thoughtfulness and amused by his resourcefulness. I married a true gentleman.

2 comments:

  1. You can't have that baby get pelted by ice peas already! lol. Of course he'd get an umbrella for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha that makes me smile! love the pink background too!

    ReplyDelete