Friday, September 17, 2010

A Day Off??

A wise Pastor recently told my husband it'd be a good decision for him to start taking a day off during the week (as Pastors are told to do.) Tony has never really taken to the idea of spending an entire day away from work. He needs to be busy constantly and he completely enjoys his work. I've tried to give him great ideas for filling his time on a day off, but somehow my list of things to do around our new house never sound better to him than working on youth ministry...beats me.

Now that I'm not working full-time, I have the luxury of a flexible schedule that allows me to hang out with Tony on a "day off." Even still...we both feel pretty tied to our work and hate the thought of going one full day without getting SOMETHING DONE! Yes, yes, I realize even as I write...we think we're pretty important to assume things fall apart when we're not around.

Anyways, after starting to drive each other a tad bit crazy this summer when the only thing we could figure out to talk about was ministries at the church (i'm now the Children's Ministry Director at our church), we've decided to give it a try - A DAY OFF! Thursday - it will be our day. We're attempting to avoid work and avoid talking about work - if it's possible. Instead of work, we've decided we shall "date." If you know a youth pastor, you know life is, well...never dull. This blog will highlight our journey, and my Thursday "dates" with a Youth Pastor.

No comments:

Post a Comment