Tuesday, July 5, 2011

There is No Secret


I love remembering my Wedding Day. I love considering the incredible grace and goodness of God to intersect my life with Tony's life. I love when God brings to mind the prayers I prayed for my future husband while I spent my summer at age 16 at Pine Lake Camp. I love knowing that during that same time Tony came to know the Jesus as His Savior - and it would be years before I met him! I love loving a God who is a miracle worker!

One of the songs sang at our wedding was "A Page is Turned" by Bebo Norman.

The first verse talks about a young boy saying, "But as his story is told and the storybook unfolds, he finds salvation, but not at the hands of man." I shed tears every time I hear that line. I shed tears every time I heard it for months leading up to our wedding. God always had His hand on Tony's life and worked miracles to make Tony the man of God He is. I love hearing Tony's life story and seeing the fingerprints of God all along the way preparing Him for ministry. God was also preparing him to be an incredible husband! Another line in the song talks about how God prepares the man for the woman - "And all this time preparing her the one to hold her up when she comes undone." I am on the receiving end of such blessing because of God's work in Tony's life!

Tony and I will soon celebrate our 4th anniversary! The last four years have been unbelievably amazing! We have so much fun as husband and wife. In the midst of the fun, life has hurt terribly, we've experienced tremendous loss and pain, we've been confused and extremely discouraged, but God's great gift of marriage has remained one of the biggest blessings in our lives! We love life together! We are continually challenged and inspired by one another to love Jesus more! Marriage is so good. And there is "No secret to the source of this much life."

The last verse in the song goes like this...
A page is turned in this life, he's making her his wife
And there is no secret to the source of this much life
When the grace that falls like rain is washing them again

Just a chance to somehow rise above this land


With Jesus at the Center, marriage works. We mess up big time. We each fall prey to our sinful desires and remove Jesus from His proper place at the center of our lives and our marriage. As two sinful humans, there's no way to experience this goodness on our own, but God's grace gives our marriage life. Following God's design for marriage is so good. His blessings abound. There's no secret to the joy of our marriage - it's all Jesus! Thank you Jesus!

1 comment: