Friday, September 2, 2011

Daddy's Girl

One of the joys of being pregnant (of which there are many) is seeing my husband grow in excitement to meet our baby girl. He adores her already and sings her to sleep and prays for her every night. She kicks up a storm when his face is close to my belly serenading her with sweet lullabies. He has read her the book "Love you Forever" (a shower gift from my sweet cousins Niah and Maria) and now he sings the song from that book every night - "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be." Occasionally it gets sung to me too. :) It is such a blessing to be bringing a baby into the world with a man who loves God, loves me, and will love this child forever. I tell baby girl almost every day, and I mean it - she has the world's best daddy!

Tony and I laugh when we compare notes on the girl we think this baby will be. Ultimately, we both pray that she will love the Lord, long to serve Him, have a heart of compassion and kindness and spend her life loving Jesus and loving others. However, we have slightly different ideas of her future when it comes to some of the less important details. I think that's just sort of what happens when a band geek marries a jock.

These are a few pictures of Tony's favorite outfits that we have acquired for baby girl. They may give you a little glimpse at the girl he hopes she will be.




These shoes were Tony's first purchase for baby girl. He has the same ones (minus the pink), so we're pretty excited for them to get to match in...oh eight years or so when she wears a size 11. :)

The countdown is on - 18 days until my due date. We can't wait to meet this precious girl! Thank you Lord for the incredible miracle of life and thank you for the incredible husband you've allowed me to experience life with!

1 comment:

  1. 18 days! Wow! THat went really fast! Praying for a smooth, safe and healthy arrival for the future band geek who plays sports. ;)

    ReplyDelete