Wednesday, February 22, 2012

SAHM

As of a few weeks ago, I am now a full-time SAHM (stay at home Mom for those of you who don't frequent babycenter.com). Ha - I still don't know half of the acronyms I read on that website, so I always feel like such a rookie of a Mom. Anyways, it's a tremendous blessing and honor to be able to focus my time and energy on loving my husband and baby girl.

There are a few things I have come to love about this job...

1. Wearing leggings for the better part of the day most days... There is nothing more comfortable than leggings and when you aren't leaving the house, there is no reason that you shouldn't be wearing them (with the exception of the awkward moment when an Edward Jones rep decides to knock on the door to "get to know people in the community" in the middle of the afternoon - seriously?! Why'd I open the door??)

2. Getting the mail...It's the small things, ya know. Getting bundled up for a trip to the mailbox and a breath of fresh air with Myka has become a real treat....hurry spring! :)

3. The sound of Daddy's car pulling in the driveway. Aaaahh - the best noise ever! I know Myka agrees, her smiles prove it. It's a sweet little blessing to be able to get so excited about seeing Tony now that we're not working together.

4. Keeping an extra tidy house. I am certain that Myka adores housekeeping :). She's a trooper in her ergo carrier as we go about dusting, vacuuming, laundrying. I guarantee that now that I've said this, the moment YOU - whoever you may be - stop over at my house, it will be a complete disaster.

5. Focusing on family. It's so good to be able to focus in on my most important jobs without making them compete for time with other priorities. Myka's little heart is so precious. I'm humbled to be able to teach and invest in her all day long.

6. Snacking. I get to snack on the delicious goodies in my kitchen all day. Oops...i really shouldn't have made that a public confession. This may very well be a drawback of getting to spend time in my kitchen all day.

Well, before I go accidentally making any other crazy confessions (like how I don't use an alarm clock anymore), I better finish this post with a couple disclaimers: Myka and I do leave the house and I think wife and mom are absolutely incredible, serious, worthy callings on a woman's life that I do not mean to poke fun at...even though I can manage to laugh at some of the stereotypes I'm realizing fit me quite nicely.


1 comment:

  1. Happy you get to enjoy these years at home!! I feel blessed to be home, also. The best decision we've ever made... some sacrifices that came with it, but so so so good! ENJOY!!!

    ReplyDelete